You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cfipp

Saturday, April 14th 2007, 2:42pm

Toro 570 Wiper Seals - ALL Gone Bad

I have about ten Toro 570s and the wiper seals have gone bad on every single one. And, it seems you can't buy just new seals - you have to buy whole bodies. I guess they are not that expensive, only $2.37 each, but it seems wasteful when all I needed were new wiper seals. It is frustrating that every single one went bad. Anyone else have bad experience with Toro 570 wiper seals?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 14th 2007, 3:33pm

Old original 570's all had wiper seals that failed, or more precisely, wore enough for the heads to have trouble popping up. Replace the heads, while you try to invent a distribution system that economically allows the stocking of parts for 20-year-old sprinkler heads. Would you pay a thirty dollar minimum parts order fee to get those seal washers?

cfipp

Sunday, April 15th 2007, 4:19am

Interesting. But all the risers *DO* pop up, no problem at all. The leaks are between the caps and the bodies. I have a hose adapter and have tested every one of these on the driveway: make sure it is throroughly clean - filter and spray head, make sure it is assembled correctly, make sure the wiper seal is seated correctly, put on the cap, make sure it is not misthreaded, make sure cap is tight, and attach the sprinkler to the hose (via adapter). Turn it on and darn, everything is fine except for a nice leak between the cap and the body. Am I missing something? Could it be caused by something other than the wiper seal?

Carol

cfipp

Sunday, April 15th 2007, 4:21am

Oh, and one more thing. My house was built in 1996 so these are about 11 years old. Does that still fit the timing of an "original" 570?

Thanks!
Carol

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 15th 2007, 6:19am

No, those aren't original 570's - you might have 570C popups. Today's 570's are 570Z series. Different construction. They still take the same nozzles.

cfipp

Sunday, April 15th 2007, 6:20am

So then why would ALL of the wiper seals go bad?

Rate this thread