You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 6:57am

Spray head height

Based on recommendations that I've read here, I'm planning on going with Hunter Pro-Spray bodies. I've got a couple questions about sprinkler body height and installation.

<ul>
<li>I see that these sprinkler bodies are offered in different heights. For my small (350 sq. ft.), flat lawn with no obstructions, what is the recommended pop-up height? My biggest radius is 10', and most are smaller.</li>
<li>The Pro-Spray schematic illustrates the use of a swing joint to control the depth of the installation. In scenarios where you don't need a swing joint, can you just tee off of your lateral to a riser and screw right into the sprinkler head?</li>
<li>Is there any requirement or advantage to using Hunter's proprietary swing joint?</li>
</ul>

Thanks for any guidance!

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 9:29am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ArrakeenIrrigator</i>
The Pro-Spray schematic illustrates the use of a swing joint to control the depth of the installation. In scenarios where you don't need a swing joint, can you just tee off of your lateral to a riser and screw right into the sprinkler head?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The main situation that I had in mind for this was when you are installing a sprinkler at the end of a lateral line, can you just use a regular ell joint + riser to feed the sprinkler?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, June 15th 2007, 2:57am

4 inch popups are pretty standard unless you like to skip cuts on your grass or keep the grass height higher than 3inches..than step up to the 6 inch head.

As for the lateral and riser idea..yes you can do it, and many folks do...just keep in mind that if it is a high traffic area you may have to fix that head/riser/elbow at some point.

Good luck.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Friday, June 15th 2007, 2:37pm

sprinklerguy is right alot of my spray heads on installed right on top of the line .the biggest problem is the riser breaking off when you run over it with a riding mower i would suggest using a swing joint that way the head will have some movement.if i had it to do all over again thats the way i would go...

Rate this thread