You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rocky2

Sunday, June 17th 2007, 4:47pm

-+Problem with valves

Hi

I now have Richdel electric 1Inch globe valves I have had these valves for about 14 years,and never had a problem with them,most of them still work good,but on one zone the valve is blowing the fuse in the control box,I can turn it on manual and it works so it must be in the wiring somewhere,wiring looks ok.

some years back I found that I could operate 9 heads a a time,so I wired 2 valves together to cut down my watering time,and I nevere had a problem until now with blown fuses.

I cannot find these valves at Sprinkler whse,if I wanted to replace the valves is there another valve that I could use.
The valve is A Richdel 2400T

would appreciate any help or suggestion.

thanks
Rocky

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 18th 2007, 2:47am

That valve is now known as the Irritrol 2400. It sounds like you need to do some resistance measurements of the zone wiring/solenoids, and see if you can't spot the faulty one.

rocky2

Monday, June 18th 2007, 7:44am

Wet Boots

thanks for your suggestion,will do aOhms check

Rocky

rocky2

Monday, June 18th 2007, 11:58am

Hi Wet boots

I was going to use meter but it is broke,I did change solenoid to the valves that were not working,I got one to work and the other one still does not work,any other suggestions,or should I just order another valve,if I do get valve,would you recommend that I changed out the whole valve or just replace the guts from the new one.

In my original message I mentioned that I found that I could get by watering with just 2 zones instaed of the 4 zones that I oringinally started out with,perhaps this would be a good time to change the system over to 2 zones or valves.

would appreciate any advise on this you could give me.

thanks
Rocky

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 18th 2007, 3:01pm

If a good solenoid doean't make a non-opening valve work for you, buy a new valve, and swap out the guts. (and while you're at it, get another test meter, if you're going to do your own maintenance))

bwrynn

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 11:31pm

Irritrol 2400

I have a system with Irritrol 2400 valves. What position does that little valve tab that says ON/OFF have to be rotated for automatic operation? Dont laugh. Does the ON/OFF direction refer to manual or automatic operation?

Should the "cap" above the tab part be rotated independently. The small lawn company I have blew air threw the system last year to winterize and left the valves out of normal position. The owner who knew how to set up the sprinklers sold the company to the workers who dont much about the valves, etc. I just want to get everything into normal automatic operating position. Thanks.

(Also not sure if I am creating a new post or updating an old one!)
Brian

Rate this thread