You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

daronson

Thursday, April 18th 2002, 3:52am

Blowout valve

I am ready to hook up the PVB and blowout. I am using all PVC and will insert a 1" X 1" X 3/4" female threaded tee after the PVB for the blowout. Instead of capping the threaded opening with a tee, and having to re-teflon the fitting every year, someone told me I should attach a boiler drain (similar to hose bib/water spigot) to the tee instead of capping it. This way when I am ready to blow out the system (after turning off the main)I can hook up a compressor to the 3/4" male threads on the boiler drain and simply open the drain valve.

My concern was that this may not allow enough compressed air to flow through the valve. Any thoughts??

Another plus to this setup is that I would be able to use the hose bib as an additional water hose source (when the sprinklers are not running)

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 18th 2002, 6:21pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

My concern was that this may not allow enough compressed air to flow through the valve. Any thoughts??
Open it wide and it should be o.k. You want to hook the air comp. to the boiler drain, correct?

Another plus to this setup is that I would be able to use the hose bib as an additional water hose source (when the sprinklers are not running)
It is handy to have a bibb for the hose to wash off your car and water your garden (If it is not already irrigated) I would install one after your bibb.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 18th 2002, 6:23pm

Sorry I made an error. I ment after your PVB.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 18th 2002, 6:23pm

Sorry I made an error. I ment after your PVB.

Rate this thread