You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Thursday, February 24th 2005, 6:01am

Running out of manifold space in Valve Box

I have three working zones at the moment and a manifold that has outlets for four (4) Valves. I have three (3) working valves (zones) at the moment and one spare outlet from manifold capped off that can accomodate 1 more zone. The problem is that I need to add possibly four (4) more zones in the near future and there is no more space in the valve box for manifold expansion. My electrical timer wires are also pulled to this valve box and the unused wiring is taped off at the current time. How do I go about expanding my system to accomodate these new zones for piping, wiring, valves with my current situation with manifold outlet shortage? Any quick help would really be appreciated. Thanks

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 24th 2005, 10:21am

Just use the last opening to expand to another box. Also using water proof connectors expand the wiring at the same time.
Thanks,

Pete

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Friday, February 25th 2005, 12:07pm

Hey thanks Pete.

I got one more question. If my common wire is all tied up in my current valve box. How do I expand that to the second valve box or do I run one of the unused wires as a second common wire for the second box? I do have space for one more common wire on the controller as far as I can remember. Let me know, thanks again

-Dwight

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, February 28th 2005, 3:08am

YOu can either connect to the common wire in the old valve box and run it to the new box or it may be easier to run a whole new wire out from the controller to the new box and then tie the new common with the old common at the controller. Tell me if my explanation was not clear.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread