You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Squidward

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 1:55pm

Changeout one zone at a time?

My minipaws are nearly all in need of replacement and I would like to try 42SAs. There are 5 zones of 5 minipaws each. I am wondering about trying to change just one zone and see how it works with my pressure and well water. Is there a way to install the 42SA or equivalent without removing the canister? And does this sound like a good idea?

Thanks for the great help!

Squid

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 10:22pm

PGP-ATR heads will install in old Minipaws, if you have the special Minipaw wrench. (no wrench, no deal)

Squidward

Wednesday, August 8th 2007, 7:26am

The canisters are mostly tipped and/or too low, so I want to get rid of them altogether or I'll have to dig and re-set the canisters and put in new heads. I'd rather just put in rotors, but would first like to be sure my system will work with rotors. That's the reason I was thinking of trying to changeout just one zone first.

Squid

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 8th 2007, 10:36am

If all you do is post about it, you will never know. Buy some PGP's and swing joint pipe and fittings, and all will be revealed.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 9th 2007, 3:36am

I agree with wet boots. you can make it work. pressure, gpm and all that stuff will be OK with pgps youll just have to play with the nozzles to get it right.

Unless you know your pressure and gpm that your well can give you. If so Ill tell you exactly the nozzles to use. Again I would suggest either hunter pgp or weather matic heads that SW carries. The advantage to the weathermatics is easier adjustment. But they are new to me but becoming my favorite. Time will tell
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread