You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stuarty

Wednesday, August 22nd 2007, 6:58am

New type of sprinkler shown on the Today show?

I was chatting with a friend about putting in a sprinkler system and he said he saw a piece on NBC's "Today Show" about a sprinkler system where you can push in the interconnecting pipe by stepping on it after making a simple slit on the surface of the grass. He said the pipe had spikes that made it easy to push in. He said you still have to dig where the heads go, but this system eliminates the trenching. I've searched the Today show site and done inetrnet searches, but I haven't identified the system.
I've just been quoted $5K to have a professional put in a system. It is too much money but the trenching would kill me!
Can anyone identify the system?
Thanks,
Stuart

stuarty

Wednesday, August 22nd 2007, 8:01am

Actually, I have since found it after trawling through "Good morning America" and "the Early Show" at CBS. Here is a link to the piece on the Early show.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/24/earlyshow/contributors/dannylipford/main3092201.shtml
It certainly looks like a great system. I'm going to be exploring this further.
If anyone has any experience of this system, perhaps they can let me know.

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 23rd 2007, 6:43am

How does it eliminate trenching when they say you have to use a spade to make a slice in the ground to put the pipe in? Grap your shovel and give it a try- you'll have to get down a solid 6". How is that not trenching?

You may as well bury your garden hose and hose end sprinkler because thats all this system is.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, August 27th 2007, 7:23am

Just a gimmic. But I am mad that I wont make the milloins that this guy is from his invention.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread