You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Oldzido

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 11:41am

two sources and dirty water

I am getting ready to design a system. The problem I am running into Is our subdivision has set up a pump from a canal for the apx 30 houses. It’s a 2 phase 25 hp pump I think.
(i should get more info before posting)
First question is should I install my system for that source only or connect one to my well also or would that cause head aches?

Second do you think this pump will supply enough pressure for the 30 houses, say for oneday everybody turns thier system on at the same time.

Third whats a good filter for dirty water or should I just go with impact heads?

I also am concerned about water rights here because we are currently going through a bad drought and worry the canal might not be filled if the drought continues. that’s why I would want to hook it up to my well.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 12:56pm

Check the laws regarding water rights, and check with local authorities. Most states have the final say on water use, having control for the general welfare of the populace, and that will outrank your own property rights. Check what comparable subdivisions in your area have done.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 5:29pm

I would tie your irrigation system into your well, that way you will always have the water and pressure available to run your system. You probably won't have to deal with filters as well.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 5:29pm

I would tie your irrigation system into your well, that way you will always have the water and pressure available to run your system. You probably won't have to deal with filters as well.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Oldzido

Monday, April 18th 2005, 3:50pm

When you buy the land you are given 1 share in the canal that the water is being pumped out of. the county set aside approprite shares when the subdivision was created. But there is a big battle now in our state (Idaho) with the canal companies. That worries me.

The other problem I have is they only gave me a 1 hp well pump for the acre of land I have. Thats why I am considering the canal water option.

Rate this thread