You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

David

Wednesday, August 25th 2004, 8:36am

sprinkler heads

After measuring my yard I will need roughly 44 rotors and 15 sprays to do the job. I am installing a sprinkler system on 3 sides of my house and watering about 60 feet in depth on all 3 sides. My well head is on the side of my house so I think I may tap into the line there and run both ways to limit the water travel. My deep well is set at 68/48 psi and my dry and wet test show me at about 12gpm. I think I am going to use the Hunter PGB rotors and try for about a 30' spacing on the 44 rotors. I have several Optima UCR-1 pop up rotor heads I purchased a few years back and never installed them. They are pretty big and look to be commercial grade. I have 20 of them. They have a 3/4 inch female inlet and at 35 psi use 3.5 gpm. At 3.5 gpm I can only get about 4 of them on a zone. That's a lot of zones? should I ditch the Optimas or ?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 25th 2004, 1:00pm

Not sure what to say about the optimas but you will probably be able to get 6 heads per zone with the hunters. That will still work out to be 7 to 8 zones. May be try to ebay the optimas.
Thanks,

Pete

nestors

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 14th 2004, 7:10pm

yes drop that inferior head (optima)
44 heads sounds like you have about 30 zones ,whats up?

Nestors

www.nestorslandscape.com

ga.,alpharetta
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

jpeter

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:04am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David</i>
<br />After measuring my yard I will need roughly 44 rotors and 15 sprays to do the job. I am installing a sprinkler system on 3 sides of my house and watering about 60 feet in depth on all 3 sides. My well head is on the side of my house so I think I may tap into the line there and run both ways to limit the water travel. My deep well is set at 68/48 psi and my dry and wet test show me at about 12gpm. I think I am going to use the Hunter PGB rotors and try for about a 30' spacing on the 44 rotors. I have several Optima UCR-1 pop up rotor heads I purchased a few years back and never installed them. They are pretty big and look to be commercial grade. I have 20 of them. They have a 3/4 inch female inlet and at 35 psi use 3.5 gpm. At 3.5 gpm I can only get about 4 of them on a zone. That's a lot of zones? should I ditch the Optimas or ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

jpeter

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:09am

With the amoutnt of gpm you are getting you will be able to run 6 Rain Bird 5000 Or a comparable hunter head. This should cut down on your zones. Make sure to use head to head coverage and space the 5000 about 29-30 feet apart.

Rate this thread