You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hardworker

Saturday, October 18th 2003, 6:59pm

Sprinkler system connected to a hose low pressure

I have a sprinkler system in my back yard and the only place I can connect it is to the place where I connect my hose. The water pressure is low and some spots in my back yard arent getting enought of watter. I dont know how to connect the system to the main water source. Please let me know what I should do.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 19th 2003, 6:40am

What type of mainline do you have? If you don't need a licensed plumber to do the work (I would recommend checking the code in your area), You'll need to drill a hole the size of the pipe, run pipe thru the inside of the house in the basement until you get where the mainline is, then, depending on what type of pipe you have, you will need to get the appropriate tee to put on the mainline. I also recommend that you get a backflow preventer to put on the pipe. If you have multiple pipes that you have to hook the hose up to, then you would probably want to convert them to control valves with a timer so its automatic.

Rate this thread