You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 12:33am

No water getting to valves

I can't figure this out. Turned sprinklers on for first time this year and no water came out. I checked the valve that I could find manually. Still no water. I turned the water off to the house and then back on. Then the sprinklers worked for a day. What could be causing this.

Also, the picture shows my vacuum breaker. I cannot find my sprinkler system shut off anywhere around this. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jamie
scruffy57 has attached the following file:
  • vacbreak..jpg (15.09 kB - 2 times downloaded - Last download: May 6th 2012, 6:00am)

mrfixit

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 2:12am

Is there a master valve or pump?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 9:10am

unless you have a one-zone system with that zone valve in your basement, your plumbing is a code violation, and absolutely of no protection to the drinking water

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 9:34am

I am not sure if I have a master valve. Is there an easy way to find this out?
es
The sprinkler system is original with the house. Home was built in 1995. There are 6 zones. t I live in Texas and don't have a basement.

I am fixing to go back outside and search for the sprinkler shutoff. Again

Thanks for all the help

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 9:49am

Absolutely a code violation in Texas, or anywhere, for that matter - they are beginning to pay attention to these things - you may have difficulties selling that house

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 10:01am

Are you saying I need to upgrade the vacuum breaker?

Could there be another one wherever I find the sprinkler shutoff?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 10:09am

A single atmospheric vacuum breaker upstream of the zone valves is a code violation today and thirty years ago. Make it a Pressure Vacuum Breaker, and you got real protection, and code compliance.

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 11:24am

still trying to find sprinkler shut off

I did some digging and took some pics.
Any ideas?
scruffy57 has attached the following files:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 11:39am

upload photos at Imageshack and post the thumbnail codes here. As for the shutoff, you may not even have one for the sprinkler system.

mrfixit

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 1:27pm

Look at the controller and see if there's a wire hooked up to the mv or pump or p terminal. Those are all the same terminal. Different controllers have different markings for it.

Rate this thread