You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mspencer

Starting Member

Monday, April 22nd 2002, 4:50am

valve manifolds

I would like to put 6 valves together for 6 different zones. Do you have any pictures which would show this assembly and would fit in a retangular valve box?

daronson

Wednesday, April 24th 2002, 3:24am

I am in the process of installing a 10 zone system, with 2 manifold boxes. I already installed one manifold assembly using pvc manifold tees that slip together and have a female thread to accept the valve. I have 5 valves in this box, but added a 6th manifold "elbow" and capped it (for future use if needed).

Getting to the point - I have a six-valve manifold in a rectangular box, however, it is a JUMBO box which measures 18 X 24. Standard boxes are 12 X 18, which is too small for 6 valves, and kind of tight for 5 valves. Cost was $31 from the Professional Supply Store based in Florida (I bought most supplies from them mail order - best prices for most parts). The manifold tees were purchased at a local irrigation supply store, or a plumbing/pump supply store might have them.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, May 24th 2002, 3:41am

Generally, rhe most valves you can put in a Rectangular box is 4. Get two boxes and put three in each, that way you have room for servicing, if you ever need to replace a valve.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 10:06am

Hi,
I would use 2 small rectangle boxes with 3 in each, or you can buy a SUPER JUMBO box
which costs about 80 bucks and put them all in one. These Super Jumbos are 2.5 feet deep
and 3 feet long, and are a pain to bury

Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Raymond Padula Jr.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread