You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

knittel

Starting Member

Thursday, March 10th 2005, 4:19pm

Drip line length -- how long can you go?

****o everyone,

I recently used Toro's design service for a new backyard. This is my second sprinkler system and much larger than the last. It is a seven zone system for the backyard. One of the zone is a drip system for the flower beds. The total length of 1/2" drip line is 855 feet. But, the design called for all of that to come off of one riser. Is that okay? It seems like it should be split up, but I don't know.

Thanks for your time[?], chris

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 12th 2005, 11:50am

Depending upon the amount of emitters installed on the drip line and your pressure, I would say that would be OK. Since you sent your pressure information to Toro when they designed it, I would assume they designed it properly. It is not unheard of though to put it all on one zone.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread