You are not logged in.

adonika

Monday, April 22nd 2002, 8:24am

The bushes have grown!

I bought a house with an existing system, probably at least 9 years old. In the shubery I have Rainbird, Toro and Hardie heads. They have heads that popup and spray either a 180 or 360 pattern, and are on pipes (risers?) that hold the body of the sprayer 6" above the soil line. ( a pop-up that is never below the soil) I would like spray headto be 24-36" above the soil line, what do I do? The spray pattern is irregular, dirt? Do I put on an extention to my pipe and stick a nozzle on it? I'm pretty sure the origional system was done as a Rainbird, with repairs done with what ever was at the nearest store... Thanks for the help, I'm new to this and it's my responsibility... Adonika, NC

Bob

Sunday, March 2nd 2003, 12:57am

Ur probably long gone as your post is almost a year old but I had the same problem and solved it by installing a riser pipe to my choice of lenght and mounting the sprinkler head on top. I used a piece of rebar plastic tied to the extension to provide stability and then spray painted the entire thing black. It's next to invisible amongst the bushes.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I bought a house with an existing system, probably at least 9 years old. In the shubery I have Rainbird, Toro and Hardie heads. They have heads that popup and spray either a 180 or 360 pattern, and are on pipes (risers?) that hold the body of the sprayer 6" above the soil line. ( a pop-up that is never below the soil) I would like spray headto be 24-36" above the soil line, what do I do? The spray pattern is irregular, dirt? Do I put on an extention to my pipe and stick a nozzle on it? I'm pretty sure the origional system was done as a Rainbird, with repairs done with what ever was at the nearest store... Thanks for the help, I'm new to this and it's my responsibility... Adonika, NC

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Rate this thread