You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

novice

Starting Member

Sunday, March 27th 2005, 3:08am

Zone will not shut off

I had a zone that would not turn on but when I turned the bleed screw the zone went on so I replaced the solenoid. After replacing the solenoid the zone will not shut off. So I replaced the membrane. The zone still will not shut off. What is going on?

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 27th 2005, 12:17pm

By membrane I assume you are talking about the valve diaphragm? How old is the valve and what brand is it? Did you replace the solenoid and diaphragm yourself or did a contractor do it? Make sure the bleed screw is tightened back down snug, as this could be causing the problem. If you have a faulty bleed screw(stripped), that could also be an issue as well.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:24am

you might have a pebbble in the valve ,open it up and check make sure you keep area clean .
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 5:21am

If it is a richdel valve and it is fairly old did it have an o'ring in the bonnet of the valve? Meaning this: When you unscrewed the solenoid was there an o'ring in the top of the valve?

If there was and you installed a new solenoid with an o'ring already installed inside of the actual solenoid, you have effectively doubled up the o'rings....causing the solenoid pin to not seal, causing the valve to continuously run.

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread