You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

QUAQUA1973

Friday, April 1st 2005, 6:16am

NEW SYSTEM

I AM GOING TO BE PUTTING IN A SYSTEM THIS SPRING AND I DONT HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT THE BEST CONTROLER, VALVES, HEADS, ETC. ARE. IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE AS TO WHAT THE BEST PRODUCTS ARE PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR OPINION. I LIVE IN MICHIGAN SO WINTER MAY OR MAY NOT BE A FACTOR. THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO RESPOND

kansas

Friday, April 1st 2005, 11:50am

looks like we both have the same question, I'm in Kansas and having the same problem from what I researched looks like Hunter and Rainbird are the best two brands, PVC or POLY ? I don't know
good luck, if you get any info, let me know, my forum is the one right before yours...good luck

QUAQUA1973

Saturday, April 2nd 2005, 3:14am

HEY KANSAS I WENT WITH POLY I WAS TOLD IT WAS A LOT EASER TO WORK WITH AND I ACTUALLY HAD SOMEONE PULL THE PIPE FOR ME. YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO THAT GET SOME PRICES ON HAVING THEM COME OUT AND JUST PUTTING THE PIPE IN THE GROUND. IM SURE IT SAVED ME A LOT OF HEADACH.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 2nd 2005, 11:36am

QUAQUA - You made a very wise decision by going with the poly pipe here in Michigan, because the bottom line is, the weather IS going to be a factor. Up here in northern Michigan that is all we use. On certain occasions we will use PVC for the main line, but its rare. If you are still looking for advice on what parts to use, I would personally suggest the Hunter products. The PRO-C is a very nice controller, the PGP rotor sprinkler heads are excellent, and whichever Hunter valve to suit your particular needs, I have had good experiences with all of them. Good luck on your project.

Tony
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:58am

use a Hunter pro-c Clock ,RainBird 5004 rotors,Hunter prof. sprays,Hunter HPV- valves and install a blow out for winter with use of a air compressor.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:01pm

I use pvc main and poly feeders and runs. so much quicker for connections . I have even done all poly with 200psi crestline 1.5" main and it is so fast. You can pull as fast and turn as sharp as you can and cannot break it. Just make sure that you put in a quick coupler to blow out the system in the winter. Hunter controller, rotors, sprays, valves, and nozzles.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread