You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

djy65

Starting Member

Monday, April 22nd 2002, 3:32pm

dirty water or not???

I would like gather water from my roof into a holding tank, do I need to consider this water dirty???
I plan on using a sprinkler pump to power my system, any concerns with this idea.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 23rd 2002, 6:09pm

I would probably consider the water dirty. Just be sure to check the tank to see the water level just incase if it hasn't rained for awhile. Make sure you get a good filter installed to besure that you don't have leaves and other debris in your tank. Clean it a couple times in the year, so you make sure that you don't have the gravel from the shingles on your roof clogging your nozzles on your sprinkler heads.

You can use a sprinkler pump, but don't forget to install your filter BEFORE your sprinkler pump. There is no need for backflow prevention because I am assuming that you are not drinking this water.

Rate this thread