You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Friday, April 1st 2005, 6:25pm

Riser Installation

I have an older system and the turf has built up over the years so I want to install risers to raise up the rotor heads about .5 to 1 inch. Each rotor is connected to what appears to be a male reducing elbow. It seems like everywhere I look I only see female reducing elbows. Is it possible that the elbows I have could be female reducing elbows with a short riser already threaded in place? Or is there such a thing as a male reducing elbow? Would it be easier for me to simply replace each elbow with a new female reducing elbow?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 4th 2005, 3:22pm

Easiest is to add a 'riser extender' fitting to each head you want to raise. They'll give you about a 3/4 inch rise. Male reducing insert elbows for poly pipe are uncommon. On an older system, you're looking at a pipe nipple in a female reducing insert elbow.

dzuroff

Monday, April 4th 2005, 7:37pm

That is exactly what I need however is it available in 3/4"? The only riser extender I have found is 1/2" and I believe I will need 3/4"

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 5th 2005, 9:37am

Yes, they do make a riser extender in 3/4"
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:42am

add flex pipe and you can pull rotor head up as you need to , just add enough pipe.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

dzuroff

Monday, April 11th 2005, 10:02am

I have been looking everywhere for this 3/4" riser extender and I keep hitting dead ends. The one I have in mind is similar to this link: http://www.starnursery.com/show_details.php?root=4&sub1=54&product=820 but in a 3/4". If this is not available can someone please direct me to where I could find a 3/4" riser extender? Thanks for all your help. If I can't find what I am looking for I may go the route of using funny pipe.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, April 11th 2005, 10:51am

Try looking in the PVC Schedule 40 fittings at your local Lowe's. I know I've seen a riser there (male thread on one side, female on the other). The only thing I'm not sure is the size (i.e. did I see it in both 3/4 and 1/2 or have I only seen it in 1/2"

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 12th 2005, 5:39pm

<b>434-007</b> is the 3/4 inch riser extender part number. If you don't find any in stock or on the net, you can order a carton of 50 from a plumbing supply.

Rate this thread