You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TMC2004

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 4:47pm

blazing saddle tees

Is there a minimim psi that blazing saddle tees require to work effectively? I ve read the higher the psi the better they seal. My system starting pressure is 50 psi. My concern is down stream as the pressure drops if there will be leakage because of too low of a pressure to seal properly.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 4th 2005, 3:42pm

50 psi is fine for the saddle tees - they don't require line pressure to be sealed.

TMC2004

Tuesday, April 5th 2005, 12:25pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />50 psi is fine for the saddle tees - they don't require line pressure to be sealed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
50 psi is good but what about at the last spray head whe nthe pressure is 50psi?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 6th 2005, 6:51am

Pointless question. First, the last head in a zone is not a saddle tee connection. Second, you don't design a system where too much pressure difference exists between any of the heads on a zone. (5 psi would be a lot) Third, and most important, is if (as you indicate on another thread) you have only a 50 psi static supply pressure ('static' means with no flow) you won't be looking at anywhere near 50 psi at the heads. The saddle tees will still work at less pressure.

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:38am

just make sure you have a good seal.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

TMC2004

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 5:39pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />Pointless question. First, the last head in a zone is not a saddle tee connection. Second, you don't design a system where too much pressure difference exists between any of the heads on a zone. (5 psi would be a lot) Third, and most important, is if (as you indicate on another thread) you have only a 50 psi static supply pressure ('static' means with no flow) you won't be looking at anywhere near 50 psi at the heads. The saddle tees will still work at less pressure.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No not a pointless question maybe a misworded one. fact remains im not familiar with saddles and I want to be sure that i wont have problems.I have a total of 94 sprays and rotors and at 2 something a pop isnt not cheep either, verses installing tees. I just read in other threads that the higher the pressure the better the seal.I feel i have low pressure to start with. I guess it boils all down how low a pressure will the saddles seal without leaking. I do understand that I wont have 50 psi at the heads. At 30 psi will they seal properly. Finally this is my first system ive designed Im just trying to gather info before I put the shovel to the ground, so please easy on the unconstructive criticism no need to be rude.

Rate this thread