You are not logged in.

adonika

Thursday, April 25th 2002, 7:03am

lake water: rotors vs. impact

With lake water as a source, should I replace my current impact heads with impact or rotor heads. I like the fewer parts of rotor but I'm worried about clogging. I'm leaning toward rainbird. Adonika

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 25th 2002, 5:41pm

You can use rotor heads, just make sure you have a good filter for you system. I do see alot of lake houses with impacts though. Less chance of clogging. A 70 mesh filter will remove most particles capable of plugging a sprinkler nozzle.
I would also lean almost until I fall towards Rainbird. It is the only brand I install, and hardly ever have any problems with it. If I was installing a system with lake water, I would wither use the Rainbird Maxi or Mini Paw.

adonika

Friday, April 26th 2002, 11:08am

My system, which is what came with the house, is a 3 HP pump that has a "Screen" to keep out fish, my fingers can get in...the intake is 2" and output 1.5" sch 40 that runs 15 feet to the yard with a section of some sort of black flexible hose to accomidate lake level changes (can be as much a 5'). On the pvc section over the lake and at the lowest point I put in a drain so I could drain by gravity, in the fall. (Elevation change is about 30') The 1.5" pipoe enters the lawn through the "sea wall" and I have no clue about the layout. Where do I put a filter. Is this a yearly or weekly cleaning job. I run the sprinklers for about 4 hours one time a week to get a deep soak in heavy clay.. Adonika

Rate this thread