You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

adonika

Thursday, April 25th 2002, 7:03am

lake water: rotors vs. impact

With lake water as a source, should I replace my current impact heads with impact or rotor heads. I like the fewer parts of rotor but I'm worried about clogging. I'm leaning toward rainbird. Adonika

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 25th 2002, 5:41pm

You can use rotor heads, just make sure you have a good filter for you system. I do see alot of lake houses with impacts though. Less chance of clogging. A 70 mesh filter will remove most particles capable of plugging a sprinkler nozzle.
I would also lean almost until I fall towards Rainbird. It is the only brand I install, and hardly ever have any problems with it. If I was installing a system with lake water, I would wither use the Rainbird Maxi or Mini Paw.

adonika

Friday, April 26th 2002, 11:08am

My system, which is what came with the house, is a 3 HP pump that has a "Screen" to keep out fish, my fingers can get in...the intake is 2" and output 1.5" sch 40 that runs 15 feet to the yard with a section of some sort of black flexible hose to accomidate lake level changes (can be as much a 5'). On the pvc section over the lake and at the lowest point I put in a drain so I could drain by gravity, in the fall. (Elevation change is about 30') The 1.5" pipoe enters the lawn through the "sea wall" and I have no clue about the layout. Where do I put a filter. Is this a yearly or weekly cleaning job. I run the sprinklers for about 4 hours one time a week to get a deep soak in heavy clay.. Adonika

Rate this thread