You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

corydi

Unregistered

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 1:12am

TORO TVAN Nozzle Replacement

I have a bunch of Toro 570 with TVAN nozzles. Is it possible to change out the TVAN with the precision series nozzles in order to save water? Or I also have to replace the 570 body? Thanks.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 3:07pm

All male threaded toro nozzles are interchangeable. As long long as you will be reducing flow rates, you will be fine.

corydi

Unregistered

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:21am

All male threaded toro nozzles are interchangeable. As long long as you will be reducing flow rates, you will be fine.
Central,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm new to sprinkler system, can you please tell me how to reduce flow rates?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 10:40am

The precision nozzles are designed to use less water than other nozzles. So by installing the precisions, you will be reducing flow rates. Going from precisions to TVANs would be an increase in flow rates, and you could see an issue with pressure.

Replace the nozzles with the corresponding radius and arc and you are good to go. As in, dont replace a 5' quarter TVAN with a 15' FULL circle precision.

corydi

Unregistered

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 12:49am

Makes sense now, thanks!

The precision nozzles are designed to use less water than other nozzles. So by installing the precisions, you will be reducing flow rates. Going from precisions to TVANs would be an increase in flow rates, and you could see an issue with pressure.

Replace the nozzles with the corresponding radius and arc and you are good to go. As in, dont replace a 5' quarter TVAN with a 15' FULL circle precision.

SmartEarthAustin

Monday, February 24th 2014, 9:37pm

Remember. Since the flow rates/precipitation rates of the nozzles change you will need to compensate by adding a longer run time for those stations.
http://www.smartearthsprinklers.com/

Cheers!

Gabriel
Licensed Irrigator
Austin, Texas

Rate this thread