You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ameyer

Unregistered

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 9:27am

drip

hello, I am installing a drip system and now have a 3/4 main line that I have valves off that line for different zones. question is how far can I run a 1/2 line off the 3/4 line? thanks al

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 10:58am

It all depends on the flow rate. More flow equals less possible distance. Don't cheap out on pipe sizes, and waste all your efforts. You can run regular pipe from the drip regulator/filter to the areas being watered, and at those locations you can branch off with drip.

SmartEarthAustin

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 8:00pm

It's pretty tough to max out a zone with drip tubing. The flow rate of embedded emitters is so low.
If it is properly installed with a grid like pattern you should be able run up to 1000ft no problem.

I do agree that you should run your main lines PVC the convert to drip after the valves.
http://www.smartearthsprinklers.com/

Cheers!

Gabriel
Licensed Irrigator
Austin, Texas

Rate this thread