You are not logged in.

Groundhog

Unregistered

Friday, March 14th 2014, 4:15am

1 station of 8 not popping up?

I have 1 station of 13 hunter Pros-4 bodies with MP 1000 rotator heads attached, that isnt popping up.
Ive replace whole sprinkler units, swapped heads, blanked one of the sprinklerS (so that there were only 12), cleaned the ring filters, increased the flow on the valves only for them to stay down. The station is run by a control box that also runs 7 other stations which all work fine, so I am hesitant to think its a pressure issue. Although down the water is still flowing alot so i dont think it is a blockage.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, March 14th 2014, 10:20am

If the water is still flowing with the heads shut off, then you have a break to find. Take pressure readings of your water supply when the zones are running. High pressure at the supply when the bad zone is on is an indication of a bad valve or pipe blockage. Low pressure at the supply would point towards a broken pipe.

Groundhog

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 4:01am

Ok cool, how can I test my pressure though? Is their a product around or another way to do it.

SmartEarthAustin

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 7:46pm

I would also check the valve itself.

I see lots of old irritrol valves that will come on but fully open. That causes a flow issue which can create a lack of pressure.

A valve opening only halfway from a stiff diaphragm really drops the pressure.

Hope it help.
http://www.smartearthsprinklers.com/

Cheers!

Gabriel
Licensed Irrigator
Austin, Texas

SmartEarthAustin

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 7:50pm

Pressure can be checked with a static pressure gauge on a hose bib.

If it's attached to the a hose bib and reads above 25-30 psi with the zone on, I'm pretty certain it's the valve.

You can try that with other zones to compare the readings.

If all zones are designed with similar flow and pressure the readings should be real actively similar.
http://www.smartearthsprinklers.com/

Cheers!

Gabriel
Licensed Irrigator
Austin, Texas

Rate this thread