You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TURKEY131

Starting Member

Friday, April 4th 2014, 2:17pm

T reducers

I am setting up my very first drip irrigation system and I have the general idea how it works. The one thing that I am stumped on is the supply line to the drip lines. I was planning on using an 1/2" supply down to a 1/4" supply line. How do I step down the sizes. I was planning on using a T fitting that reduces down to 1/4 but I can not find one anywhere. Any help would be great.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 11:32am

You do not need any 1/2-to-1/4 reducers on a drip installation. The 1/4-inch tubing is for feeding individual outlets. You use the 1/2 inch drip tubing for all the supply plumbing, and emitters are the interface between the 1/2-inch tubing and 1/4-inch tubing.

Rate this thread