You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Zhukov

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 1:59pm

Rainbird HE-VAN nozzles

Does anyone else use these? I ordered around 20 of them, hoping they would be the "one size fits all" solution I was hoping for, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way. My principal problem is that they don't seem to spray the advertised 15ft, while the U-series nozzles make that distance just fine. Granted, I don't know what my water pressure is, but it seems like they should match; the precipitation rate and water flow out of the HE-VANs match the MPR nozzles, so it's not like the HE-VANs are using more water and lowering the pressure to cause that issue.

I've backed up and went with the U-series on most of my heads instead. Where the distance isn't critical, the HE-VANs work very well. It's just too bad they aren't working out in my system. The good news is that my DU is around 66% for my sprays and 72% for my rotor zones, so I 'm doing pretty good...

Rate this thread