You are not logged in.

CM_Lafayette

Unregistered

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 7:54am

Irritrol 2700 (DPR) not working

Hi,

This is my first spring in a house with an Irritrol irrigation system. The valves next to the garden are all Irritrol 2700 (http://irritrol.com/manuals/inst_gd_2700.pdf) (DPR) and our controller is a Rain Dial Plus (also by Irritrol).

I went to get the system start this spring and while 2 of the 6 valves work fine when I operate from the controller, the other 4 do not. I can get water to flow out of the irrigation equipment connected to those 4 valves by turning the "bleed handle" to an on position. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can not turn the valves on from the controller? Would this be a valve problem or a controller problem? Seems odd that 2 of the 6 works just fine.

I
s the bleed dial supposed to be in the "on" or "off" for general use with the controller? I assume it should be off.

This is my first spring in this house and my first irrigation system so I am a total newbie. If you have any suggestions to what might the problem be I'd be much obliged.

Thanks
Christopher

mrfixit

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 2:05pm

Make sure the flow controls are open.

It could be that the common wire came disconnected for 4 of the valves. Check the connections at the valves.

Are all the valves in the same spot or are 2 in one location and 4 in another? Check the common wire at the controller as well.

Rate this thread