You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

CM_Lafayette

Unregistered

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 7:54am

Irritrol 2700 (DPR) not working

Hi,

This is my first spring in a house with an Irritrol irrigation system. The valves next to the garden are all Irritrol 2700 (http://irritrol.com/manuals/inst_gd_2700.pdf) (DPR) and our controller is a Rain Dial Plus (also by Irritrol).

I went to get the system start this spring and while 2 of the 6 valves work fine when I operate from the controller, the other 4 do not. I can get water to flow out of the irrigation equipment connected to those 4 valves by turning the "bleed handle" to an on position. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can not turn the valves on from the controller? Would this be a valve problem or a controller problem? Seems odd that 2 of the 6 works just fine.

I
s the bleed dial supposed to be in the "on" or "off" for general use with the controller? I assume it should be off.

This is my first spring in this house and my first irrigation system so I am a total newbie. If you have any suggestions to what might the problem be I'd be much obliged.

Thanks
Christopher

mrfixit

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 2:05pm

Make sure the flow controls are open.

It could be that the common wire came disconnected for 4 of the valves. Check the connections at the valves.

Are all the valves in the same spot or are 2 in one location and 4 in another? Check the common wire at the controller as well.

Rate this thread