You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JAshburn

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 10:04pm

Rainbird ESP Modular - Not Getting a Signal to the Valves

Hi all, this is a system that has been installed and functioning perfectly for several years. I just turned the controller back on for the summer (it has been off for the winter) a few days ago, but none of the zones came on. Today, I tried manually running them from the controller and they did not come on, so I went out and physically turned on the valves to confirm there was pressure - there is. I reset the controller using the reset button and I cleared the programming to start fresh and I even unplugged the unit and plugged it back in. No matter what I do, I cannot get the valves to come on from the controller using the manual run setting. There are no trouble codes or anything on the controller screen. From what I can tell, everything is working fine....except that it doesn't seem to be turning on the valves.
One more thing. There are two separate control wires (one to the front yard and one to the back) and this problem is occurring on both sets of valves. I find it hard to believe that the wires have been damaged simultaneously, but I suppose it is a possibility. Not really sure on where to go to troubleshoot from here though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 8:48am

Is there a rain detector on the system?

Jashburn

Unregistered

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 10:43am

There is no rain detector, and I have tired it with the rain detector bypassed and not-bypassed - same result either way.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 4:22pm

A sensor was the easy possibility of a problem that prevents the system from operating. Your next step is to test the system wiring for resistance. See if there is electrical continuity to each and every zone.