You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stidesforty

Starting Member

Friday, April 25th 2014, 4:27pm

ESP-SMTe: Spread Grow-in waterings out in Daily Water Window

Hi,

I have ESP-SMTe that is currently in Newly Planted/Grow-In mode for some newly planted grass seed. I have set it to water twice a day to keep the soil moist, but my problem is both waterings happen within a few hours of each other, leaving the yard to dry out in the afternoon. The problem (in my view) is that you can only use the 'Daily Water Window' rather than the '1st & 2nd Watering Window' when in Grow-In mode (see page 10 and 20 in the contractor's manual.)

I have the Daily Water Window set 6a-6p and was hoping to get an morning and an afternoon watering. But instead the first round of waterings happen promptly at 6-6:45a, but then the second watering happens at 10-10:45a. So then it goes 19 hours with no water. Does anyone have any ideas to delay the 2nd watering in this case?

(I realize one option might be to water for even a shorter period of time 3x per day, but was wondering if I could do something to keep it to only 2x per day.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "stidesforty" (Apr 25th 2014, 4:44pm)

Rate this thread