You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

CRFHonda

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 1:14pm

Hardie XL Head

I have a Hardie Sprinkler system with the XL rotating sprinkler heads. The arc and radius appear to be set OK. However, one head will only oscillate in one direction and won't return the other direction. Can someone tell me if there is a specific component I need to replace or perhaps only a minor adjustment?

Thank you in advance!

Kelly

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 7:48pm

Just replace it with a Hunter PGP. That is the head that the Hardie XL was imitating.

mrfixit

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 8:41pm

Once the head stops turning it's permanently broken.
Replace it with a Hunter PGP.

CRFHonda

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 10:11am

Thanks for the information. Are these difficult to replace? Are they likely threaded on or possibly cemented into the PVC pipe? If cemented, what is the easiest way to break the seal loose?

Thank you again for your help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 12:50pm

All these heads will have a 3/4-inch female thread on the bottom. You'll see when you have the replacements in hand.

Rate this thread