You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Clark Nunnelly

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 4:06pm

Sprinkler Heads Popping Up and Down

Hi Everyone,

I have a 7 zone sprinkler system hooked up to a well pump in my backyard.. Recently, in some of the zones the sprinkler heads are popping up and down in about 5 second intervals for the duration of the 15 minute watering cycle.

I also have a water hookup that is hooked up to the well pump that is getting inconsistent pressure..

Any ideas what this could be?

Other things I have noticed... 1) Sometimes when I turn on a single zone (like zone 1), the heads in zone 6 will pop up for about 5 seconds and then drop. 2) I have not checked any of the valves to see if they are leaking yet, but will be tonight.. 3) After turning the system back on from the Winter I found 3 heads that need to be replaced in random zones.. They are not leaking but are stuck in one position and wont rotate....

Clark.Nunnelly

Unregistered

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 8:58am

Update

After investigating further last night I noticed that all of the valves are OK, and this is happening in every zone that I have, where the heads will pop up, spray for about 5-10 seconds, and then drop down.. It seems like inconsistent water pressure to me.. I am starting to wonder if it is a bad pump.. The pump is making sound like it is running, but not sure if it is pulling water..

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 10:14am

More details on the well setup might help. Maybe the pump is sucking air.

Rate this thread