You are not logged in.

nomb

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:27pm

Coupler for drip irrigation system

Hi, I'm new here. Recently started working on fixing my backyard irrigation system. I have an old (maybe 5-10yr) drip irrigation system that I've been trying to figure out how to fix. It's controlled by an anti-siphone valve timer. The water pipe (underground) branches off to two sides at the t-shape coupler, left and right. I've been trying to figure out why a section of the system does not seem to have enough water pressure to drip.

I started digging today and found where the water branches off. At the coupler, I discovered that there is a tiny hole designed in the coupler that keeps leaking water. I wonder what this is and I wonder if this is the cause for loss of water pressure. Here's a picture of the coupler underground. You can see that next to the word PD-84-25, there is a tiny hole (white dot). Any help is appreciated!

nomb

nomb

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:27pm

Pic

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:40pm

You have a failed pressure regulator. I would recommend buying a better one. You can get a regulator-filter combination, like this one.

nomb

Friday, May 9th 2014, 12:15am

Hi Wet Boots,

Does this regulator replace the T-shape connector or the coupler below the connector?

nomb

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 9th 2014, 11:42am

It replaces what's leaking, and provides something better. It's up to you to connect the dots, since the plumbing will need reconfigured.

nomb

Saturday, May 10th 2014, 12:40am

Thanks again. I guess there is some work to do for the next few weekends!

Rate this thread