You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nomb

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:27pm

Coupler for drip irrigation system

Hi, I'm new here. Recently started working on fixing my backyard irrigation system. I have an old (maybe 5-10yr) drip irrigation system that I've been trying to figure out how to fix. It's controlled by an anti-siphone valve timer. The water pipe (underground) branches off to two sides at the t-shape coupler, left and right. I've been trying to figure out why a section of the system does not seem to have enough water pressure to drip.

I started digging today and found where the water branches off. At the coupler, I discovered that there is a tiny hole designed in the coupler that keeps leaking water. I wonder what this is and I wonder if this is the cause for loss of water pressure. Here's a picture of the coupler underground. You can see that next to the word PD-84-25, there is a tiny hole (white dot). Any help is appreciated!

nomb

nomb

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:27pm

Pic

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:40pm

You have a failed pressure regulator. I would recommend buying a better one. You can get a regulator-filter combination, like this one.

nomb

Friday, May 9th 2014, 12:15am

Hi Wet Boots,

Does this regulator replace the T-shape connector or the coupler below the connector?

nomb

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 9th 2014, 11:42am

It replaces what's leaking, and provides something better. It's up to you to connect the dots, since the plumbing will need reconfigured.

nomb

Saturday, May 10th 2014, 12:40am

Thanks again. I guess there is some work to do for the next few weekends!

Rate this thread