You are not logged in.

noquarter

Unregistered

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 1:22pm

last station not working

Hey guys,

I have a Toro Greenskeeper 212 that was installed by the previous owner of my house. It has worked flawlessly for the 3 years since I have owned the house. I fired up the system this spring an the 12th station doesn't work. The trouble shooting guide in the manual says that it is probably faulty wiring. So I pull the cover of the controller for the first time and I notice there isn't a wire going into the 12th station? So I'm not sure how it was working in previous years. Is there someway to have piggiebacked stations on top of each other? I'm not sure what wires I should be looking to fix. See attached for reference. By the way, the 12th station is for above the ground sprinklers in the flower beds, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 1:33pm

If there is no wire allotted for a zone 12, it is difficult to imagine the controller being able to actuate a zone 12.

noquarter

Unregistered

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 6:40pm

Wet_Boots, I agree, that is why I am so confused. It was absolutely working just fine the last three years. Any idea how you would proceed in my situation? Basically I now have a dead zone of sprinklers not being controlled by anything.

mrfixit

Sunday, May 25th 2014, 2:40am

Either you're mistaken about there being 12 zones or there's a second controller. Maybe your above ground sprinklers are hooked up to a battery operated controller on a hose bib.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 25th 2014, 9:34am

Is it just me, or does it look like zones 5 and 6 have two wires per terminal? Almost looks like a jumper wire from terminal 8 to terminal 6. Can you confirm or deny?

noquarter

Unregistered

Sunday, May 25th 2014, 5:42pm

Central Irrigation - The photo does look like their are two wires per terminal on 5,6 but there are just one, the other wires loop under but don't connect. And no jumper from 8 to 6. Super weird. I wish there was a way of tracking down which valve is responsible for that station so I could check the connection there.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 26th 2014, 6:22am

If you know where the zone valves are, it's time you mapped out the system, and identified the valves by zone number. The colored wires will help.