You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ramhi4x

Monday, May 26th 2014, 11:48am

Reverse pressure on pop-up pulling head in?

:?: I have one station with 4 heads, since first turned on this season, two heads pop-up and work fine, two heads are held down by pressure some how even when I manually pull them up, they just get sucked back down. Can anyone explain this please?

Thanks!

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, May 26th 2014, 6:32pm

The heads have springs in them to help them retract. If the heads in question are part of the same zone as those that are working, then you may have a tree root linking a line or a blockage in the piping for those two unworking heads.

ramhi4x

Monday, May 26th 2014, 7:29pm

The heads have springs in them to help them retract. If the heads in question are part of the same zone as those that are working, then you may have a tree root linking a line or a blockage in the piping for those two unworking heads.
So does that mean they are Not getting water pressure please? Thanks!

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 8:30pm

That would be my guess.

Rate this thread