You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Robbies

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 2:21pm

GPM question 2

OK if I have 12 gpm

How many 3gpm sprinklers can I put on the zone to operate efficently
Can I use all gpm. That is what I have done and have had it for 10 years I am still on the same pump too.
The pump starts out at 50psi and runs down to 40 and turns on the pump then quickly recuperates up to about 45-48psi and stays there. This is when i use all gpm

what do you do for your system??????

Thanks alot for the help

Robbies

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 2:35pm

Correcting my post above,

pump turns on at 30psi and off at 50psi

recuperates to 42-44psi and stays there. This is when i use all gpm.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 21st 2005, 5:40am

See what you are really saying is your pump is able to put out 12 gpm at 42 psi. If you were to design a system for 13 gpm your pressure would be maybe 35. So what you are doing is correct. If you designed for 10 gpm you would probably run at about 50 psi provided your switch doesnt tun your pump off. So the trick is to design your zones with enough gpm so the pump is always running but not so much that your pressure is too low.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread