You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mr Visitor

Unregistered

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 1:13pm

Will Hunter or Orbit "guts" screw into Rainbird 1804 pop ups

Several of my Rainbird 1804 popups are flooding badly when running, and won't retract when turning off, even though they are one year old. Over the winter, fine sand has washed into the bodies, and the pop up extension itself, and the seal in the body are scarred and scraped, so there is no fixing them.

Does anyone know if Hunter or Orbit sprinklers will screw right on to the body of the 1804 so i don't have to dig them up? No one around here for hundreds of miles sells Rainbird, and I can get Hunter or Orbit easier.

Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 4:12pm

Your first job is to make for any replacement heads to not be installed with the tops below grade, and they will be replacement heads, and not parts swapped between brands.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 4:56pm

Hunter Prospray, Rainbird 1804, and Orbit (depending on model) seals will interchange. The stems will not. Buy new heads if you are unhappy with the Rainbirds.

Rate this thread