You are not logged in.

Leonidsg

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 10:29am

Newbie with questions.

Hello I am a newbie that has a few questions that are probably fairly easy to answer for the experience person.

1. The main line running from my house to the valve box is a 1 inch PVC line. For some reason the PVC line is at decline so the valves/manifold are probably angle down about 20 degrees. This causes them to be in the ground very deep and as a result the box does not provide good coverage. Can I cut the pvc and attach an 22.5 elbow or two 45 degree elbow to make the manifolds a better location or does adding bends mess up the water pressure.

2. I want to run a new zone to a garden I have. I have one space to install a valve which seems rather straight forward. Is there a valve recommendation? It looks like the other main lines are 1" poly. Can I use the same 1" poly to run 45' to my garden and then install a couple of rotors? Does the line size need to be decreased when I get to the rotors?

Thank you
Lenny

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 1:00pm

it would be easier to fit another, larger, deeper, box over the existing valve layout.

Leonidsg

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 2:59pm

The problem is there is dirt upto the manifold so regardless I'm going to remove to dig underneath a little further and put some gravel underneath.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 7:42pm

Altering the plumbing so you can dig away some dirt is unnecessary. Use a shop vac.

Dirt can fill a valve box to the brim, with the aid of rodents who make a home for themselves. That dirt gets dealt with without doing anything to the plumbing.

Rate this thread