You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tenchains

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 10:48am

All zones turning on after winter

I turned on the water after winter. Zone one came on when it is shutoff in the control box. I looked into the valve box, and on valve was leaking where the solenoid screws in. I replaced all four solenoids because they were failing over the past few years. Now when I turn the main water on all four zone try turning on at the same time even though they are turned off inside the control box. The Valves and control box are Richdel. I have a Wilkins 420 vacuum breaker. Everything worked when it was winterized. Please help with some 411, or suggestions. And if I unplug the control box the valves still stay on. I thought maybe I did not seat the solenoids enough. It is tricky getting at them. There is some gurgling sound in the valve box for a few minutes, but maybe because all four zones are trying to run. I am wondering if I do not have the solenoids in right and if that's the problem. I have difficulty getting them screwed in.
These are what the old solenoids looked like...

And here are the new ones could this be my problem?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "tenchains" (Jun 2nd 2014, 2:26pm)

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 6:34pm

Remove the white cap from the new selonoids. Using a small flat screwdriver, gently pry it from the selonoid. That white "plunger keeper" is your problem.

tenchains

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 8:07pm

thank u that was right on

Rate this thread