You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Senatov

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 4:36pm

How much should this cost?

Hello,

A few years ago, I had an irrigation system put in at my house. The problem is I did not have any sprinkler heads put in in the sidewalk grass, figuring I could just go out there with the hose and take care of it. A few years later, going out in 90 degree heat with the hose and then rolling the whole thing back in is an inconvenience.

I want to have a new zone installed to cover this area. The problem is that the valve box coming out of the house is around the side and the grass that needs to be watered is separated by a 4 foot retaining wall, then 4 feet of sidewalk. To avoid this, the line would need to be run all the way around the back of the house, down the side to one section on one side of the driveway, then under the width of the end of the driveway, then under the sidwalk to the other section.

I would prefer to go underneath the sidewalk instead of cutting, but if cutting is cheaper than I would rather do that.

It would need about 7 spray heads total and about 275 feet of line.

I would do it myself, but I am not comfortable digging a 275 foot trench around the house and ripping up the end of the driveway.

Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 7:44pm

Getting a pipe under a concrete sidewalk is easy enough.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 10:09pm

all you have to do
I will check with my husband
I would do it myself but!!!
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

RidgecrestConfCenter

Unregistered

Friday, June 20th 2014, 8:09pm

Running a pipe under the sidewalk

This really is an easy thing to do, unless your ground is excessively rocky. Just use a pressure washer to blast a hole under the sidewalk big enough for your pipe to fit through - what are you using, 1" ? If needed you can thread a long piece of galvanized (comes with threads on the end making it easy to make fit) to the pressure washer wand and extend your blast reach under the sidewalk.

RidgecrestConfCenter

Unregistered

Friday, June 20th 2014, 8:11pm

The retaining wall

How tall is this retaining wall? You might could use an auger to make a hole behind the wall and then trench to it...