You are not logged in.

nick131344

Unregistered

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 12:40pm

825y

Having problems with an 825y and have had problems for the last two years since moving in. Its leaking out the relief. Last year i replaced the rubbers and it worked great. Took it off for the winter and brought it inside but after i installed it again back to leaking. I dont want to keep repairing or replacing parts every year so my question is what is a better model or do i need an 825. Could I replace with a 765...much cheaper. I do have some grade above the unit in the back. just havnt read many good things about the 825. thanks.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 2:54pm

Using the 765 in place of the 825 would be a code violation. Unless you can mount the 765 18" above the highest point of the system. You could look into a Wilkins 975, but they have problems too.

More than likely, your seals are simply drying out. Perhaps store it submerged in liquid over the winter. Seems odd, since we have multiple 825's that endure the winter elements and can make the 5 year rebuild schedule with no problems.

Are you doing a complete rubber rebuild?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 7:50pm

One key to the 825Y service is to lubricate the O-ring inside the relief assembly. If you skip that step (and lay the grease on heavy - that's what it's for) all your work can be wasted.

nick131344

Unregistered

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 10:03pm

825y

Thanks for the replies. Broke it open this afternoon and had a crack/broken piece on the relief valve. Just gonna buy a new unit. Cheaper them buying new valve and new rubber. Thanks for info on the lube. I will make sure to put enough on next year when I replace the rubbers again. :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:21am

Please take a photo(s) of what you found was physically broken and post them here.