You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tenchains

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 6:46am

Richdel 446pri failing

My zones have a difficult time staying on when turned on. Sometimes it takes five minutes to get them running. I replaced solenoids and checked for wiring issues. I asked a neighbor who had same box and they had to have a new controller installed to solve the problem. I found this link about my controller box. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=285202
It kind of stinks because I was hoping to replace it myself with the same box so that I could see where all of the wires go and hook it up exactly the same as I take it down. If I go with a different box I am not sure that I will install it properly. Maybe I'll try to buy the junk New Richdel 446 pri. It should hopefully last five more years before it wears out again.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 12:45pm

You could always label each wire before you do anything, and take some photos of the terminal strip, so you have a reference.

You can always find someone selling one of those controllers on eBay, but you might as well enter the 21st Century.

irrigirl

Unregistered

Friday, June 20th 2014, 1:28pm

Richdel

SUPER OLD!!
How much power are you getting to the box.
Voltage at AC/24V power?

Rate this thread