You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rsavage

Thursday, April 21st 2005, 7:04pm

Older Rainbird 5000 version

I have 105 RB 5000 rotors in my yard that were installed 5 years ago. The nozzles are green. Currently I purchased a set of 20 RB 5000 and the nozzles are dark blue. Both are curtain varieties. Is the new one better? I tried to purchase new nozzle trees to replace the old ones and they will not work. I hate to go to the expense of purchasing all new rotors just to replace nozzles.
Richard

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 3:01am

What's wrong with the original nozzles in your sprinkler system?

rsavage

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 4:25am

The older version seems to have larger droplets at the ridge of the arc. The newer ones seem to have a more uniform curtain....As I am not an expert I would encourage any response from some one that has had experience evaluating the difference.
Richard

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 3:31pm

Whether it's drops, droplets, or buckets, it only has to be spread evenly. Don't trust your eyes and inexperience. If you lawn gets even watering, that's all that matters. And for the record, if the watering could be done entirely with large drops, that would be preferred, because they aren't so easily blown about by the wind.

bobw

Advanced Member

Friday, May 13th 2005, 5:13am

If all you're wanting to do is change nozzles for different distance, contact your local RB distributor. They should have the old style nozzles in stock, saving you the cost of buying a head just for a nozzle.

Rate this thread