You are not logged in.

HiwindWarrior

Unregistered

Sunday, June 15th 2014, 3:34pm

Rainbird Rotary Nozzle Irrigation Characteristics

Good day all. The product I am asking about is the Rainbird rotary nozzle heads, hand or tool adjustable. The r-van or r series. Rainbird lists a range from say 13 to 18 feet. Is this a maximum adjustable range, providing coverage from the nozzle out to that max range? Or is this essentially a ring of coverage starting at 13' from the nozzle and extending to 18' from the nozzle. The difference being one provides close in watering and one situation does not. I appreciate any advice or knowledge.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 15th 2014, 10:41pm

I never noticed before but the way Rainbird words the description it does sound like it only water from 13 to 18 feet away from the sprinkler.
What they mean is, the nozzle will spray from 13 feet in. or up to 18 feet in.
You still need head to head coverage though.
Rainbird also has the same style nozzle which sprays from 13 to 24 feet.
I've been experimenting with the MP Rotators and the Rainbird rotory nozzles and the Toro rotating nozzles the past year or so.
I like the Rainbird the best. I also like the Toro spray pattern but out of 19 I installed at one job site, 5 of the nozzles stopped spinning within a couple months. I also have about 12 Toro's installed at another site for over a year now and all of them are still working.
I have yet to see a Rainbird stop spinning unless it was damaged somehow.

Good luck!

Rate this thread