You are not logged in.

drumz

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 4:50pm

Possible to connect 2 valves in one zone?

I have an Orbit 57956 and am adding a sprinkler valve at the end of my first zone which is 150' from the controller. I have an extra line but it doesn't work, I imagine it got crimped or cut somewhere as it is buried and goes around numerous obstacles. I do not want to string another 150' of wire down there so was hoping I could control 2 valves if I wired them together or bridged them. To explain what I mean by bridge, they will not only share the common line like they all do but also the hot line which I would split so the line would be the same distance to each valve instead of in a series. Since the controller just sends a burst that turns the valve on or off, shouldn't that open both?
And if that doesn't work, what if I put a condenser on the line to make sure there was enough voltage to hit both valves?
I'll probably just rewire one closer to the controller but thought I'd check to see if I can do it the way I proposed.
Thanks for your time.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 6:55pm

Forget condensers (capacitors) now and for all time. There is a genuine solution to your problem.

drumz

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 7:21pm

Looks like a good alternative that I will definitely keep in mind but in this case, I would rather pursue a cheaper option plus, I don't have a need for different start times/days. It's pretty wet here so I only use them @ 3-4 months out of the year.
One option if the controller can handle turning on/off 2 valves in one zone is to combine 2 zones that have micro soakers and pressure regulators and then have the new one on its own. The pressure should be fine that way because the new zone is 3 heads shooting 25', 2 @ 90 degrees and one @ 180 degrees for a new lawn on a new drain field; 1" quarter-minus and 3" of 3-way topsoil, then pasture grass seed finishing it with a small layer of peat moss.

Thanks for your time.