You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mmcelarn

Starting Member

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 11:31am

sprinkler heads for 1/2" copper

Hi,
I have a long, narrow strip of dirt that I would like to water. Dimensions of strip is 2" x 20" (with some large plants interspersed). I have 1/2" copper running the length and I would like some recommendations on sprinkler heads. I am going for longevity here, so metal is the preference. The heads do not need a long reach (since the large plants will block the throw of water), but I need control over the angle the water is cast - so maybe 10 to 20 degrees spray on each side, 180 degrees apart.

I also need a recommendation for a timer that works with 1/2" copper. Should I post that question on a different forum group?

Thanks, Mike

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 11:00am

You are decades too late to find any brass sprinkler heads that could handle a 2x20 foot strip. Today's solution would be for buried emitter line, exact details depending on the soil conditions.

There is one spray nozzle capable of covering a 2-foot-wide strip, and it's made by Toro, a 2 x 6 side-strip nozzle. It is so tiny in flow, that a special add-on filter screen is required to prevent clogging.

One small problem with your situation is that the flow of water is so small, that it would make for reliability problems in a zone valve that feeds only that section. You would be better off adding this section to another zone.

oharasprinkler

Starting Member

Wednesday, August 9th 2023, 4:08am

Very nice really amazing post thank you for this.