You are not logged in.

njitgrad

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 2:05pm

seeking advice about Hunter WSS Sensor

Last summer I did a self-install of a Hunter Pro-C controller to which I added a Hunter Roam kit remote. The system works as I expected it to with one exception...the human element. Not being a pro, I really don't know how to go about programming my zones. I've been relying on manual watering with the remote. Depending on how much time I have in the morning before water usage in the house is in high demand, I select Program A, B or C to run. Program A runs each of the 5 zones for 60 min, Program B does each for 40 min, and Program C does each for 20 min. Obviously this is not the best approach as I have no means of measuring the quantitative output of each zone. That being said I am considering the purchase of Hunter's Wireless Solar Sync Sensor. From what I've read, this sensor takes the guess work out of watering. The questions I have are: 1) Is it really true that I don't need to worry about watering schedules? 2) Can it be programmed to NOT turn the system on between 6am and 730am? 3) Is it compatible in conjuction with the Roam receiver? The WSS has red and white wires that connect to AC1 and AC2, as well as a blue wire that connects to REM, the Roam connects to the controller in the same exact fashion 4) Is this device really just an unnecessary gadget and I should be thinking about this differently? Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "njitgrad" (Jun 23rd 2014, 2:22pm)

irrigirl

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 10:41am

Sensor and Programming

Sounds like trouble... I wouldnt mess with that. Sounds like a headache!
http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Sprinkler-WSS-Wireless-controllers/product-reviews/B00GGBGHUY
I work for Toro, and we offer help with programming over the phone step by step. I'm not sure if Hunter does, but you could try calling thier customer service line and ask if they can help you program. Also, I'm sure we could help you here in programming automatically. We would just need to know what you want for your zones. I can write some examples below.
Hunter Customer Service:
https://www.sprinkler.com/customer-service
EXAMPLE: "I would like zones 1,2,3 and 5 to come on every day at 7:00am for 10 min each. These zones water my lawn. I would like zone 4 to water every other day in the morning for 5 min only. Zone 4 waters my drip system."
The name, brand, and/or model of your controller would also help!
Thank you (:

Rate this thread