You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

njitgrad

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 12:48pm

piggybacking spray heads?

I have a 5-zone system with 2-5 sprinker heads (of various types) on each zone for a total of 19 heads. I am in the process of replacing each one (as my time permits) with RB5004 heads because they are very simple to adjust. I am about to replace an old Orbit head and was wondering if at the same time I could piggyback a 2nd identical head off of it to spray water in the opposite direction. The reason for wanting to do this is that two years ago I installed a new garden near the back corner of my propery (set back ~6 feet in one direction and ~12 feet in another). The area between the garden and the smaller setback no longer gets water because I didn't want my garden getting watered in the process with the Orbit head. My thinking is that I could now add a pair of RB5004 replacing the single Orbit so that it will cover that area. I have to check my watering zone map but if that is my 6th head on that zone would that be a bad thing? My water pressure is pretty good throughout though I don't know how to measure it. If that sounds like a reason plan, what parts exactly would I need to accomplish this (i.e. tees, adapters, clamps, connectors, etc). I am not very experienced with irrigation design though I did manage to repair a ruptured water supply line (between heads) last summer with parts purchased from a local supply company.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 6:34pm

Is it possible to just use a full circle nozzle, or an adjustable spray nozzle? I have a vision that you want two heads right next to each other. If that's the case, save the money and use a different nozzle.

njitgrad

Friday, June 27th 2014, 2:15pm

Is it possible to just use a full circle nozzle, or an adjustable spray nozzle? I have a vision that you want two heads right next to each other. If that's the case, save the money and use a different nozzle.

Unless I'm not understanding you...a full circle nozzle will not only get my garden wet, but I also be watering my neighbor's lawn for free!

njitgrad

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 10:03am

think of it this way

I think the best way to picture this is to imagine a feature where a rotor would water from 0 degrees to 110 degrees, not water from 110 degrees to 160 degrees, then water again from 160 degrees to 180 degrees. My garden falls in the 110 to 160 degree area of coverage and I don't want my garden watered for a multitude of reasons.

Rate this thread