You are not logged in.

Telsiph

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 7:35pm

Need assistance repairing a sprinkler head.

Evening,

Due to a recent blunder, I backed out of my driveway at the exact time that my sprinkler system turned on. The sprinkler head went up and I backed right over it. The pieces that shot out can be seen at the album here

Broken Sprinkler Parts

Some basic research seems to make the repair sound fairly simple. Cut out the ground around the head, unscrew the head and replace it. I am having difficulty determining which pieces I need to purchase before I go cutting into my yard.

Do I need to find this exact head to do this repair, or are there a plethora to choose from? Also, is there a good online resource for finding a replacement head?

Thanks for any information or guidance on this issue!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 26th 2014, 2:54am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 11:05am

One of these and one of those will get you there, assuming you have the same 4-inch popup heads in place.

Telsiph

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 11:57am

The second one looks about right. Primarily I'm curious if that is all I need though. Looking at the second picture you can see the round gray ring which is all broken plastic. I have not cut down to the host yet, but looking at these pictures I do not see that ring. Is this the plastic thread that the head is screwed into? If so, I assume more will need to be purchased to replace the head.

Is that correct? If so, are you familiar with the piece or will I need to cut down to the host and get a better idea of what I'm working with? (avoiding it until I'm ready to get started).

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 27th 2014, 10:51am

The body and nozzle I linked thread together to form a whole sprinkler head, which will replace what's still threaded into the existing system. Part of the existing popup body broke off and remains threaded into the rotary nozzle, so you replace them both.

Rate this thread